All roofs are subject to deterioration over time. If your commercial roof is in good condition but in the latter stages of its life, our team of professional roofing and restoration contractors may be able to use an industrial roof coating to stop any potential leaks and add years to the life of your roof.
These industrial coatings — often called liquid-applied roofing systems — contain substances like rubber or silicone, and contractors can apply them to a wide variety of commercial roofing materials.
The product has exploded in recent years due to the ease of application and numerous benefits of industrial coatings. According to Reports and Data, industry leaders expect the global protective coatings market to reach $19.46 billion by 2028.
Advantages of Industrial Coatings
Opting for an industrial roof coating can provide several significant benefits to businesses or property owners. These benefits include:
- Money savings. Industrial coatings protect the investment in your building. If you have invested in a commercial building, you'll want to maximize your return on investment, and an industrial coating can help you do that.
- An increase in resale value. A new roof coating can boost the structural integrity of your commercial building and help preserve its resale value.
- Enhanced energy savings. According to the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, commercial buildings account for 35% of the country's electricity consumption and 18% of its total primary energy use. Additionally, the EPA estimates 30% of this energy goes to waste. Industrial coatings can help save this energy and improve your building's overall sustainability.
- Restoration of a building's outer appearance. A freshly applied commercial roof coating gives your building a new and clean appearance. This aesthetic improvement can boost your structure's curb appeal.
- Extension of a building's life. Over the years, sun, weather, and other environmental factors can sully your building's outward appearance and weaken your roof's foundation. Protective industrial coatings can help revive your commercial structure's aesthetic appearance while simultaneously strengthening your building's existing roofing system, allowing it to last longer than it would if left unattended to.
- Reduction of the heat island effect. Heat islands occur when we replace trees and other vegetation with buildings, concrete, and other heat-absorbing infrastructure. These man-made structures emit heat and make it warmer outside. Such heat islands can increase air conditioning-related energy use and impair air quality. A liquid-applied roofing system can combat these adverse heat island effects by cooling down a building and decreasing the heat it absorbs and re-emits.
- Protection from environmental factors. As mentioned above, industrial coatings can protect your building from harsh weather, including heavy rain, extreme heat, and UV radiation.
When Do You Need a Roof Coating Rather Than a Replacement?
While industrial coatings have numerous advantages, you may be unsure whether you need a coating or an entire roof replacement. Many factors go into deciding whether to replace a roof or utilize an industrial coating. To get the best answer, though, we always recommend getting an inspection from a qualified roofing expert.
The Process of Applying a Roof Coating
Our team of experienced professionals is factory-trained and certified to provide you with the best application methods for your industrial roof coating. Here are the general steps for installing an industrial coating:
- We thoroughly inspect your commercial roof and identify any damages that require repair before the coating.
- Then, we provide you with a detailed estimate so you can decide if you'd like to move forward knowing exactly what you'll spend and receive for that money.
- If you decide to use our services, we first repair any damage to the existing roof structure. Making these repairs ensures your new coating will help prevent further damage to your roof for many years.
- Finally, at a time most convenient to you, we professionally apply the industrial roof coating quickly and efficiently to ensure minimal disruption to your business.
Schedule a Complimentary Industrial Coating Estimate Today
Do you need to know if your roof qualifies for an industrial roof coating? Schedule a free inspection and estimate with Anderson Restoration LLC Roofing Services. We'll let you know during the inspection if your commercial roof could benefit from a coating.
Our certified roofing contractors have provided expert roofing repair and restoration services since 1983. So, you can contact Anderson Restoration and know that you're in safe hands. Contact us online or call us at 281-376-7474 or 817-226-2111 and get started today.